Raymond Angelo is the Exoticoption.

Monday, February 26, 2007

Do the Escalator Tango

I know this is kind of late, but Chinese New Year's supposed to be 15 days, I think, so this post is valid. Yay.

I spent last Sunday at Delise's place. I've gone to my friends' place during Chinese New Year a few times before, but here's a first: I bought oranges. Orange you glad I bought Oranges? I wasn't glad. I'll elaborate on that later. It was an oversight; not on my part, Delise's. All blame goes to her.

It was raining, so a cab rid from Bugis it was. I got wet in the rain (Hence, me not going to school the next day), but that's beside the point. I quickly rushed to her house, where she welcomed me, and then we rushed to her room. We were having a rehearsal on what I'm going to say to the parents, and aunties, and uncles, and grandparents. God, that's a whole lot of people.

"Say Gong Xi Fa Cai,"
"Gong Chi Far Chye, shit lah, I don't want. :("
"They'll think you're cute lah,"
"But I'm not :(".

:).

Anyways, so I eventually did the Chinese thing. I'm not comfortable with the Chinese language...but I must persevere! With oranges in hand, held in the appropriate way, I said it.

But oops! WRONG ORANGES!

I bought a dozen (Yes, father said it as a joke, Delise said it to me as a joke, I couldn't take the joke), of SUNKIST oranges, when I was supposed to present MANDARIN oranges! OMFG! No wonder they're called Mandarin!

Embarassed myself, but they said it was OK, so that's cool. Aunts and uncles came, and I saw the Grandparents too. I got angpows xD. I didn't ask for it, but it must be some sort of achievement for a non-Chinese to get anything higher than $50 on CNY.

I the man.

I wanted to play MahJong, but I got dragged by the cousins to play bomb-bags outside, and SimonSays, and Sumo Wrestling. Don't ask, but I played a sort-of big brother role to them, and, I had plenty fun.

Meet Royson!


He's so cute. He pulled me along to help him build this humongous rail-road left in storage. This is me and Royson, with Renny, Delise's bro at the back. Delise is, obvsly, taking the picture. She's the supervisor, she said. Super's right; she's super.



Got plenty of Angpows, had plenty of fun, and reached home at 10+. I wish I could have stayed over for the fun, but oh well. Until next year! Thank you, Lims!

Stupid:
Me and Delise at GWC the other day. I hopped onto the escalator, to go down to the first floor. She didn't, so I went down alone. I gave her this x(, and she gave me this xD. I said, "Come down here, biatch," but no, she stubborn siah. I hopped onto the escalator up, and SOMEBODY went down! I went down again, and she went up!

Rinse and repeat. We did the escalator tango for a good ten minutes. Dang.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Locations of visitors to this page Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter