Raymond Angelo is the Exoticoption.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

How high do you want me to jump?

There's no such thing as a bad day with you around.

Today, I sat for my English Prelims. Before I go into the details, I'd like to thank all the people who wished me all the best. Thanks to all those who gave me encouragement, those who gave me last minute advice the night before, and those who just told me to get off the messenger to study for English. I'd like to especially thank Ringo for calling our friendly-neighbourhood, Mdm Yani, to call me regarding my article, which I couldn't see her the day before. Thank you Mdm Yani, too, for giving me a ring to talk about my article, and boosting my self-confidence just that much. To my mum in UK, thanks for calling me to wish me luck. Most of all, I'd like to thank Delise, for the Hersheys, the flower, the words of encouragement and saying that she wants me to jump as high as possible, figuratively of course.

When you say jump, I ask how high.

The Prelim itself went smoothly.

First paper was the essays.

For the main essay, I chose to describe a time in which I went out to relax but had an unpleasant experience in the end. I wrote a true story which occured last year: I was in the National Library reading a book in peace, when this young couple with their infant came strolling in. The baby erupted; just fucking shrieked. They couldn't shut him up, yet they insisted on remaining in my Fortress of Solitude. I went up to them and asked them to leave if they can't keep quiet (in the most polite manner possible of course, you know how I work it). And bam, they struck back on me saying how I should respect my elders and all that crap. Worst of all was no one in the library backed me up, when I was standing up for their rights. Typical...WOOFOO!

The functional had me writing about teenagers, which was a simple enough task. It was an article! *Shock*! Mdm Yani gave out an article assignment, but it was optional. Thank god I chose to write it in the end, and she was able to point out my mistakes. Must be destiny, or something along the lines of faith.

The comprehension passages were about Gandhi! Only the day before, I was saying something about Propa-Gandhi, and now, he's featured in my Paper 2! The passage 1 was quite simple, but the passage 2, was "killer". As for the summary, while some had difficulties squeezing in all the points, I had a comfortable 140 in my first draft, 130-ish in my second (WTF?) and finally, 148 in the last. Maybe my summary skiwwz are just pwnzers.

Oh, and Raynard wrote about titration for his essay on "Challenges". Since the challenge was supposed to be plural, he wrote about him doing the titration twice. That's some ice-cool logic, coming from the man in red-and-yellow stripes.

ROCK; the English Prelims.

I'm so going to laugh my head off with everybody else, if I do badly for this.

I love Subway.

Just when I thought I couldn't get high on music anymore, the new single of MUCC came out. Entitled "Utagoe", we see a song softer than their previous hits, but still, IT FEELS LIKE SUBUTEX BABY!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Locations of visitors to this page Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter