Raymond Angelo is the Exoticoption.

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Speak of the Unspoken

He says, if nobody speaks of remarkable things, how can they be called remarkable?


I finally finished the book I've been indulging in. I took it at a small space, which is surprising for me. I usually rush through 'em, like a knife through butter, but not this time. The book requires for slow reading, it's more of a poem; how the lives of people in a single street is woven together, and how the author shifts point of views with such ease, you can't help but move along with the flow.


"If Nobody Speaks of Remarkable Things" is an awesome piece of literature, and I give it the raymond-angelo.blogspot.com's stamp of approval.


Others which have attained such prestige:

-A Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time

-I, Lucifer

-Anything by Mike Gayle

-Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell

-Freakonomics-

There's got to be more than this; Can't recall at the moment though.
What is a "raymond-angelo..." stamp of approval? These are books which have changed my perception; the way I look at life. It gives me insight and have radically shifted my way of thinking.


Have you seen how crows are in the morning? They're all perched at a tree, still, and waiting. And then suddenly; an eruption of black feathers. Simultaneously, like an orchestra, they reach a climax and explode. Tens of them, dozens of them, all spreading their wings at the same time.
But not once do they collide.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Locations of visitors to this page Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter