Raymond Angelo is the Exoticoption.

Friday, March 17, 2006

Scrabble Competition

I'd to help out at the Scrabble Competition today. Jeez, my last day of the holiday, spent in school. Cool, huh? My school's hosting it this year. Not the secondary school one, but the primary school one. *Gasps* I would have preferred it to be a secondary school competition...for obvious reasons.

Anyway, got up very early, did some homework. I've got quite a few of the left, about half. Did some this morning, and brought some along, hoping to finish them in school. But, I dunno lah, school is not the environment for doing homework. That's why it's called homework, I guess. Will finish all of them by tomorrow. Promise. To who? To my soul.

So there was me, Ringo, Paulina and a whole bunch of sec 2s. There were 2 sec 3s, and LayLay there, but they got sent home because they weren't wearing full school uniform. It's kinda common sense to wear a proper uniform when playing ushers to people, no? Anyway, although we were asked to come at 10, our duties only started an hour and a half later.

We were split into groups. I and Ringo were to follow Mdm Tan, but somehow, we got assigned to doing some mundane job, which was carrying bags to classrooms. They were "goodybags", but actually they were more like badly packed tidbits from Teka Market. Crap lah. More than 60 of them, and we had to sort them out, then lug them to the respective classrooms. Pain in the ass. Anyway, we got the girlguide's help so it was all cool.

Next duty was to count the number of tiles per box. WTF? There were hundreds of Scrabble boxes in that room, and the guy wanted the three of us (Me, Ringo, a sec 2 called Zhang Wang i think) to count the number of tiles. And there are hundred of tiles inside each board. Fuck. What's the point man? It's not like people will complain about the number of tiles. If they do, i'll ask them to count on the spot, wasting 10 minutes of their time, and then say "Very Very Sorry". Fuck lah. Both sides are having the same tiles, so what's the problem? Anyway, we just fucked the job up lah.

Then we were to patrol the floors, just assist the teachers in anyway we can. This is the arrangement lah: the primary schools are put into classrooms with the teachers. And what do they do? Up to them lah. Fucking chaos. You see hordes of children roaming the school. Scary man...it's like being back in primary school, only worse. I swear, we weren't like that back in the day. Anyway, they were everywhere. The canteen; even the artroom (WTF?). Had to babysit the little brats. SIan.

Then they were finally supposed to go to the hall. Nabei. The organisition on the teacher's part sucks. I was supposed to bring the classes to the hall, and then await for further instructions. But, there was no one to give instructions. I brought them to the hall and found clueless and lost. Had to go through three teachers, before I got the info. Turns out they were supposed to know where they're supposed to go. WTF? Problems is nobody remembered their table number, so chaos lah. Haiz.

When the competition finally started, we took the job as runners; people who stand serving the little primary school kids. See right, in Scrabble, there are times when your opponent pulls a word like "IA" out of their ass. In times like these, you can "challenge". You fill out a slip, then give it to the runners, who will then run to the teachers on duty to check the word. It's a terrible job, trust me. And there were so many "runners" around too. So, one student will have at average two runners approach him. The p.school kids were giving us stupid words man...like names of places, dumb two letter words like "OA", acronyms, and blatant mispellings. Haiz. HOwever, I did learn a few new words today. Good on me.

Running lasted til around 5.45-ish. Had pizza, Canindian Pizza. Good stuff. 4 pizzas for 40 bucks. Then headed home. Pang-seh Ryan, TahNern and Ringo. My body hurts like shit man, especially my back .I regret taking taxi at the other side of the road. I ended up paying an extra 3 bucks. WTF? I cross the road, and have to pay an extra 3 bucks....

Tomorrow: All homework. Except at the afternoon, when I have debate. Something to do with handing over the internet to the UN. What for man? Well, that's what i've got to find out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Locations of visitors to this page Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter