Raymond Angelo is the Exoticoption.

Friday, May 19, 2006

Me-Against-The-World Complex

Speechless, that's what I am. WIth the exception of English Paper 2, I've got back all my results. How goes it? Let's see...

Geography: A1
E-maths: A1
A-maths: A2 (Missed A1 by less than 1.5 marks)
Combined Humans: A2 (Damn literature. Scored 43/50 for SS and a sodding 30.5/50 for Lit.E. What does that leave me? A 2. A2.)
Chemistry: A2
Physics: B3 (Missed A2 by less than 0.5 marks. How said is that?)
Malay B: Pass (Let's leave it at that)

So, my R5 comes up to a total of 8. Not too shabby, I guess. Maximum is a 17, and the most optimistic is 10. Possible? Let's hope it is. 10 ain't too bad, but it's not too good either. So let's not sit on our asses but look forward to the Os. Your marks, whatever it is, is a reflection of what you've been doing. Hard work pays off, but sloth also wrecks it's own havoc, so complacency is a no-no. We witnessed success stories in this Mid-year, as well as fall from glories. There are some cases where someone worked hard but still did shit. However, let's not let one exam faze us. Alot can happen over the next few months; all the best to all, I guess.

Today was good. We got back our Physics paper, and, although it could have been alot worse, my Paper 2 was ok. It was the MCQ which really kicked my balls. 27 out of a possible 40. OUCH. And I got owned by Mdm Teow as usual, this time for not tying my script properly, and she had to staple it herself. Guess if that happens, I'll have to fly back to England to deliver a stapler to them so that they can piece together my script. Haiz. The chemistry could have been better, and it's only thanks to the MCQ that I got an A2. To sum it up, my marks for the pure sciences were a fucking miracle.

And then sweet SS. 25 of essay and 18 for Sourced-based. God bless my arse which have worked so hard. I've got an advantage in the O-levels. Here's my theory: Since I always write my name as "Raymond Angelo" and never in full (as in "Raymond Angelo Gonzaga Lagdameo", which is shit enough to type, more so to write) they'll think I'm a white, an ang-moh, a "mate" and give me a higher mark. More power to me then.

We got back the 133t paper after school. Fucking contrasted with my SS marks, and pulled it down too, to the pits. If possible, I won't bother including this in my L1R5, as 133t scores are damn volatile; one minute you're a2 calibre and the next you're grasping a c5.

I was hyper after school for some reason. Maybe it's the exams, or maybe it's the surge in people I don't know saying "hi" to me (I don't hate it, so please continue) When Malay ended, I went down to the canteen to look for Glenn and Elgin (fellow B syllabus takers, smart people) but they've gone home. Went up and saw Jeremy (asking for marks) and Raied (doing Malay), sian. Went to the canteen again and TahNern told me that there was no teacher in their Chinese Remedial, so I went up. Then I was told that we had to go down to check our Literature marks. Then I went up to class again, hung for awhile, before heading home, but not before making arrangements to meet up after school.

Headed home and headed to Suntec to meet Yan Shan, Tah Nern and Ringo. Played at the arcade for awhile, the usual Guitar Freak and MT2. I've made vast improvements in Guitar Freak. From an E to an A! And at "standard" difficulty too. I'm in between techniques in MT2, at least, that's my excuse for losing. I'm researching the best way to tackle a red-turn. Yeah....right...

Remember yesterday, how I said something about watching Over The Hedge instead of Da Vinci Code, and not properly exercising my priveledges as a fledging 16-year-old? Well, I did. And I'm glad that I did. The movie was predictable, but that's a foregone conclusion. I mean, what twists can you expect (God, the contradiction) in a movie for kids? Typical family fare, but that by no means mean that aDOLTS like me would find it unamusing. The slapstick visual humor was so-so, but some lines were memorable. And if you look deeper, you'll find alot of parallels in the movie, hidden meanings and all that jazz. Isn't it cool how we see what we really need to SEE in a kids movie? You may not undestand me, but hey, I'm just trying to be deep. All in all, this was some good shit. 4/5, and that's after being all analytical.

And you can't be analytical without being ANAL.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Locations of visitors to this page Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter