Raymond Angelo is the Exoticoption.

Friday, May 12, 2006

Out of the list

Happy Vesak Day?

I've been staying in Singapore for a gabizillion minutes and it's only now that I realise I've got no clue what Vesak Day is about. I vaguely remember reading about it in CME, but my mind's like one of those companies who retrench older workers, "You useless, I chuck you out." So, I wiki-ed Vesak Day, and now I am enlightened. And I'll remember not to chuck that piece of information out, too. Can't skewer me. I'm from the Philippines, and we only celebration Christian holidays. *waves the Philippines Flag and sings "Pinoy Ako" song*

One week has passed, and since my last serious post, I've sat for my 133t, E-maths Paper 2, MLB Paper 2 and the two English Papers.

133t:
Now this was a whole lot of fun. The questions set was predictable, since Mrs Dass has been stressing on "Krishna's journey for self-discovery". I never liked some of Mrs Dass' interpretation so I wrote mostly from my own thoughts, and twisted some things she said to fit into my essay.The first question was something along the lines of "To what extent is the book about an Indian's search for his roots". I envy the next batch of E.133t since they don't have to study the English Teacher. We were allocated an hour and 45, I think, and I spent an hour on this first question. I had more to write, but time constraints, once again, damn you, fucking crock (typo). Moved onto the Unseen Prose. What do I mean by unseen prose? It's like comprehension, but only this time around there's like 2 questions, worth 15 and 10 marks repsectively, and you've got to write A LOT. The passage was about a widow, leaving with his son and the son's dog in some desolate town in Italy called Bonifacio. When the son dies, the mother mourns for her son's death, and kisses the dead body, practically feeling 'em up. I wanted to write that she was chanelling her built up sexual tension on her son, but self-censorship executed that particular idea. Alot to write, but time was my leash.

E-maths Paper 2:
Ahh...the simplicity that is E-maths. There was only 1 question I wasn't too sure of doing, and the rest was, how to say...easy like Sunday Morning lahlahlahalh~~Did the usual silent fist pump, and high-five-ing of self after every successful question. It keeps your morale up, trust me.

MLB:
30 MCQs in the space of one hour. One question every two minutes...good deal, yeah? One close passage, three comprehensions and 10 totally random language questions. What more can a guy ask for? Most of the stuff came from the textbook too, so thank heavens I read through the text book the day before instead of playing MegamanBattleNetwork5TeamProtoman...O.o". Finished the paper in less than 15 minutes. I don't know what's the deal with some of our invigilators. I was finished, with my head on the desk sleeping, and one of the invigilator woke me up and asked whether I've finished. WTF? I can handle my own paper, thank you very much.

English Paper 1:
Seeing how I didn't attend the 28th, I had to sit for this paper yesterday, which is a Friday, in the commerce room, along with the rest of students who missed their papers. The paper 1 came first...and I didn't write my best essay. The questions weren't to my liking. "The will to live", "Describe an occasion where you chose to suffer the consequences instead of giving in" (WTF?), "Write about a festival celebrated in Singapore", "insert the one I can't remeber here" and "Write about some of the problems faced by the elderlies in Singapore". I was torn between the "festival" one and the "elderly" one, but my decision was decided (wtf? alliteration?) by the word "Singapore". I wasn't too sure how festivals are celebrated in Singapore lol, so I went with the elderly. We studied it in Social Studies, we studied it in Geography, we studied it in Moral Education, heck, a questions about the Elderly came out in the E-maths Paper 2 (Cumulitative Graph, the last one) so I said to myself, stealing the words of a certain anime character, "There is no such thing as coincidence, only destiny" DESHTEENY! I elderl-ied for an hour, and chiong-ed the Functional, where I took the role of the president of my CCA, and I had to submit a proposal for an overseas trip, between China, Vietnam, and The US of A. Lol. See the connection there?

English Paper 2:
Smokey Mountains+Madagascar=OH NOSE! This is the Paper 2 i've been hearing so much about, the one nobody has passed yet, the DREADED COMPREHENSION! I have no idea man, I've done many comprehensions before, but their difficulty greatly varies. What's the deal with this difficulty level, which is oh-so-high? I didn't think the questions were too hard, but then again, the same goes to many previous comprehensions, which I did badly on, so who nose? The summary was simple, and I caught most of the points. Actually, for summary, the best strategy is to summarise everything given in the given lines. See how many words you exceed by, then cancel the parts which are most likely not points. ULTIMATE STUDY TIPS HHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

All the MCQ papers are next week. Geog Paper 1, Phys Paper 1 and Chem Paper 1. And A-maths too, but that should be OK. I've got to brush up on the MCQs. God knows how tricky they can be. Goal over this long weekend: Finish the whole damn TYS MCQ sections.

I'm reading a new book called "Thirty-Nothing". It's a chick-book, which is like a chick-flick only it's a...well, book. Seems intresting, and is quite funny, but the story is quite...cliche and blarghh *puts two fingers in mouth and pretends to gag*.

And I've started running again! Just finished 3 klicks (This is such an over-used term. Lawl) at the condo gym. Wanted to run outside, but decided against it since the weather was so bad. Why start running again? Because I haven't been doing so lately, and what with my see-food diet in the Philippines during my short holiday, I've put on a pound or three and I'm getting round-er and out of shape.

What? You say round IS a shape?O RLY? SRSLY? Well haha, and goodbye.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Locations of visitors to this page Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter