Raymond Angelo is the Exoticoption.

Monday, July 03, 2006

Plane or Bird?


It's been such a long time since I've gone out with my mom and brothers. Yesterday, we finally did.

Plan:
Church
Superman
Shopping
Eat

To be honest, I'm not a religious person. Not an atheist, since I still believe that there's something out there, yet, I don't believe fully in any of the current religions out there. Too many unanswered questions, I guess. So, when we went to church that morning, I was half-asleep. I prayed, but to no one in particular, just a show of thanks; a "thank you" for being given this life; unwatned fruits; and for letting Brazil and England lose.

So after that, we went to Lido to catch Superman Returns. I was obviously excited. I mean, it's Superman! Brandon Routh is THE Superman. From his body, to his face, to his acting. He fits the role as well as he's blue suit fits his muscles. Awesometitude and applause. The show was at 2;10. Got nachos and pepsi. Personally, I prefer the Nachos of Golden Village, since they provided THAT much more cheese. Cheesy goodness.

*Spoilers for Superman Returns feel free to skip to the part where he dies LOL*

Theatre filled-up, commercials and trailers were few, thank goodness for that. And then it started. Movie opens with Superman flying back to Earth after discovering that he's planet Krypton has been decimated. So, we get a scene of him passing by planets and generally defying the laws of physics. First thing I noticed was the ugly CG. I mean, are those supposed to be planets. So, for the Computer Graphics, it was consistent, as in consistently ugly. Maybe it's because I'd just watched the Computer Graphics-heaven which was "Cars".

Shoddy graphics aside, the mood was very "Superman". They show Superman crashing down to Earth like a meteorite and finally we see "him"; Brandon Routh. Perfect hottie! Especially when he's wearing the costume! Drool man, I'd sacrifice elephants to get a body which is so damn killer. The scene with Superman saving the Aeroplane really exudes "Superman Returns"; he catches a falling Aeroplane, then lands it in a baseball field and everyone gives him a standing ovation. Honestly, I was tempted to give him a round of applause too.

When he reverts back to his alter-ego, Clark Kent, he's endearing. The general lack of respect for him, he's clumsiness and his lost of that bitch, Louis Lane. So far, so good, Superman is the shitz.

Then they show Louis Lane, and focuses a good third of the show on her. Damn that bitch who can't act for her nuts, which aren't there but i'm sure you get it.On top of that, there was too much focus on her; Louis on the plane, Louis doing stupid investigations, Louis smoking, Louis faxing stuff, Louis making phone calls. She's not even hawt. What is wrong with the director? I want Superman! The was one scene which showed Louis' husband saving her and her son from a sinking ship. I fell asleep. Thanks Ryco for waking me up just in time to see Superman flying to their rescue with his pecs, abs and packages.

Another problem with the movie is it's length. 2hours 50 minutes. Too long, and a good portion focuses on Louis Lane. There's not much on the plot as well. Lex Luthor wants to dominate the world, Superman tries to stop him, insert (literally) Kryptonite, Louis Lane being a bitch. There's a surprise concerning Louis' son, but I predicted it when I first saw him, so it's wasn't very "WTF". There should be more focus on Clark Kent getting used to his new working place; showing his human side. It was nice to see the contrast between the all too flawed Clark and mr perfect Superman.

If you take out all the parts with Loius Lane, you've got yourself an awesome movie. All the other actors do their part. Props to our new Superman as well; perfect. Kevin Spacey as Lex did a good job; Louis' husband and son were cute, but fuck Louis Lane. Flashback to Katie Holmes' travesty at Batman Begins. multiply it by 3 and you get Loius Lane. Die bitch! The could have been more scenes with Superman doing hand-to-hand fighting, but it'll ruin the source material. I mean, have you ever seen anyone standing up to the Man of Steel? Superman minus Loius Lane: 5 out of 5 stars. With Louis Lane: 2 out 3 stars since she occupies a third of the movie.

Must commend the Director for inserting references. This dude takes a picture of Superman flying, and people argue that it's not Superman. "It's a Plane". "It's a Bird".

*End of Review. I bruff one, Superman didn't die*

Headed to Taka. I bought three shirts, totally forgot about buying a new pair of pants and bag, then had dinner at Delifrance. Mom and brothers went home. I later met up with YanShan and Hawker who were at Taka. Chit-chatted then took a bus to Cathay. The bus driver was the worst one I've ever seen. Elaboration:

So, we took a 16 to Cathay. As YanShan's Ez-link was spoilt, he paid by coins. Driver demanded to see his EZ-link, so show lah. All fine and dandy still. Then the driver demanded for the EZ-link and tapped it. I mean...WTF? What does he care? I don't understand why they must check like that, I mean, why would someone use coins, when they can use EZ-links instead. They get an extra 10 cents too, so what the hell. Anyway, the driver found out that it was spoilt and he confiscated it. Double WTF? We asked for him to give it back. "We need it Uncle, we're watching a movie. We need the card to prove our age." He didnt' accept that. "Uncle, he needs it, he's taking his orals next week (not true, but the guy can't prove it). He needs it". He says it's a managment thing, their policy. We said we'll fix it ourselves but he still dun want. He gave YanShan this ticket which said that he could ONLY collect the EZ-link after 4 working days. WTF? We started to lose our patients lah; shouting at him and all that. He's so unreasonable, what kind of logic was he using? He can just overlook that fact right? And then here's what ticked me off: He said that if we had talked to him nicely, he'd had given it back. What the feck? That's what we were doing!

Finally, bus reached our stop without any comprimise. We just got off, Yan Shan shouted "What the fuck" at the driver and we were on our way to Cathay.

There, we met Glenn Lum, Ringo and TahNern. They were supposed to watch Superman (I was just hanging out with them), but after my horrible feeback, they changed their mind and watched Scary Movie 4 instead. Wasn't interested, and if they get caught (Ringo's not 16 yet), they will most likely changed to Superman. I was sick too, so didn't watch. I lent my Ez-link to Ringo, since I look like him...nah...that's not right. HE looks like ME. Lol. Anyway, we wasted minutes at the counter because YanShan had to explain he's lack of Ez-link. They went to watch the movie and I headed home.

Temperature rising, and I've got something stuck to my throat, like a sword. So, couldn't join them at Jurong Swimming Complex. Does that mean no photos? I asked Glenn to take photos for me, so, he'll bluetooth it and I'll post it. Have a happy Youth Day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Locations of visitors to this page Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter