Raymond Angelo is the Exoticoption.

Friday, June 23, 2006

Silent Thrill?


Feels like ages doesn't it since I've been here? I don't know, sort fell out of the bandwagon. Or maybe I broke the bandwagon, but that's not the point.


Anything interesting I've done?

Remember exactly a week ago, I wrote about buying myself a shaver? Well, after getting my hair-cut (it's short, just the way I like it), my side-burns trimmed, it was shaving time. I bought myself a set of Shaving Gel and Shaver (Mach 3 Turbo) for $10-15. I was totally clueless. I looked at the instructions, which took no time at all to read since there was none. Like, WTF mate? What of clueeless teenagers like yours truly? I could have asked my father for instructions, but he won't be back 'til the weekends, so let's take the plunge.



Firstly, I had no idea what the gel was for. It said on the container "Soothes Skin". So I figured, you shave first, then put the whatever gel over the areas you shave so it'll hurt less.

WRONG!

I cut myself in 5 different places. It was bloody; I magine a limp antelope and a pride of starving lions. So I looked it up on the net, and was I barking up the wrong tree. Turns out you're supposed to put on the gel on your face, whichever area you'd like to shave, then run the shaver over the gel-ed areas. Ahh...I was wondering what those white stuff on men's faces were in the shaving advertisements. Now I know, and so do you. If you're a typical clueless boy, or maybe a female with Y-chromosomes, here's a tip or few. If there's a few strands of hair which just won't come off, let it be. A few strays makes you look rugged, unless you're a girl. There's always plucking, I guess. Also, make sure you've got tissues prepared. Chances are ,if you're a virgin, you'll bleed...that didn't come out right...Another tip is to put on the gel first before you shave. Also, it's best to do it after washing your face, as it makes the hair easier to cut...or something like that.

Anyway, I got my hands on the latest issue of Men's Health as well. They've got surprising statistics too. Philippines is the country where self-service is King. Don't get what I'm getting at? It's the country where they spank the monkey the most. 5.65 per week to be exact. Singapore's not too far behind at 5.33, but it'll definitely be higher if teenagers took part as well.

Before drama yesterday, lunch was at Lucky Plaze. It's the only place in Singapore which has 3 HangTens in the same mall, and carries Tagalog posters. They've also got a pirated CD shop, but YOUR LIFE, YOUR COPYRIGHT!



Translation:The only prepaid mobile card which has more free calls. Enjoy free: Outgoing calls, Incoming call on Sundays and IDD calls to the Philippines.

I so speak Tagalog fluently, putang ina mo.

So, lunch at Lucky Plaza with Raied and Glenn, then a Drama session. Honestly, I'm frustrated at the rate we're going. It's not just a case of Stop-and-Go or On-and-Off, because we never really "Go-ed" nor "On-ed". We're having an emergency meeting this Monday, so hopefully that'll wake everyone up. Lots of people didn't turn up. Valid or not, I don't know, but jumping to conclusions and accusations isn't the way to go.

Drank coffee at Dawon for awhile, and then went with Glenn to Cineleisure to watch Silent Hill. My first NC-16 show! It's been 3 to 4 months since I've turned 16, yet this is my first. It's not like there's any good NC-16 shows to watch, but still...Anyway, we waited for Gracelyn, WanJun and eventually HuiMin (Jun and NLL didn't watch Hill though, cause they're underage, at least that's the excuse). Word was that TahNern will join us later after his tution,
and Raynard was coming as well.

Since Silent Hill was an NC-16 show, they asked for 6 16+ IC, but we only had three at that time. So this is what we did. They've got two ticketing counters at Cine, one on the top floor, and another at the basement, ur-hur? So we bought three on top, went down to the basement and got another three, using the same ICs. Genius, if I do say so myself. Can't remember who thought of the idea, but thanks to whoever. Dinner at LJS and the party trickled in.

Then like a WTF-thunder, news struck that YanShan and HaoYang were coming. But we've already bought the tickets! It's all fine lah, since we bought seats which occupied 3 out of 4 of back-to-back rows. But wait a minute, HaoYang ain't 16 yet! Didn't matter, as it turned out. Everybody's IC got checked EXCEPT FOR THOSE TWO WHO WERE COINCIDENTALLY THE ONLY ONES BELOW 16. Sialah. No coincidences only destiny. HaoYang's hair (Like a Lion! Phwoar!) I guess. It's red man!

Silent Hill: The Movie.

It's supposed to be a scary movie, but it was more grotesque. I didn't go "AHH!", more like "Eww..." and "Eurgh..." or "Blllarrghh...". The scare wasn't really there, just the "yuck". The visuals were disgusting, and the creatures well, genuinely intriguing. The "CG" looked exactly like the game, but that's not a good thing. I expect more. The story's also quite "WTF-ish" until after the movie when you sit and reflect, but I guess it'll make more sense if you've played the game. What's really good about this movie was that it felt like a game. I'm like "Look for a potion! Use the shot-gun! Everybody knows that the head is the weak-point of a zombie in any game! Press X twice to double jump! Always save before you fight a boss!" There was also a part where she had to memorise directions "Left, right, left, left, right, right, left" or one of the milion possible weird combination of those two. I predicted that it's an invisibility cheat code, and I was right!

Scenes:
-Colin the Janitor. Watch out for this bastard.
-HaoYang wanted boob-age, and he got it, though in a freaking gross way.
-The birds!
-Rape scene from hell, literally! With bondage! And Barb Wires! It went up the ASS!

Funny thing which happened after the movie. You know in X3, where they had a special segment after the trailers? There might be one for this oen too, we thought. Others were urging me to go, but "Stay", I say. And I saw something damn freaky and I scurried off.

All she wanted was a hug.



Moral of the story? Stupidity is what stupidity does. "Silent Hill" the girl says in her sleep. And her mom brings her to Silent Hill. Wonder what'll happen if I say "Boobies"?

Had a prefect's investiture meeting today. People didn't turn up. Lots of 'em. I'm not happy. It's on the third Monday, man, and I got my ex-co to inform everyone on Monday. Fuck it lah, I guess I'll make the best of whatever remaining time we have.

High School Musical. Tomorrow night. Disney Channel. Watch it or Troy will own you in basketball.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Locations of visitors to this page Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter