Raymond Angelo is the Exoticoption.

Monday, August 07, 2006

After this, there will be no more

I see good things in the future.


Tomorrow concludes my stint as a member of the drama club. It's been fun, sure it has. I've met lots of people along the way; people close to my heart. I'm thankful, for having been given the chance to join. I wasn't always in drama. When I was secondary 1, all the way through the mid-point of secondary 2, I was in volleyball. However, health-concerns (obese LOL!), made me quit, and Ms Khoo offered drama. I jumped ship, but I'm so glad I did.

The first play I did, I was yet a part of the club, officially. It was the Peter Pan play; man that was alot of fun. I broke the mike rolling down the stage (yup, I ROLLED down the steps) as Captain Hook, traded blows with Chris, our former president, and all that. Next, this time, as a full-fledged member, I played the role of a foreign exchange student from the Philippines in the National Day play. It was rough, that one, but fun nonetheless. After that came the Singapore Youth Festival. We had dreams of getting a silver, but bronze was all we could manage. I still recall Glenn tripping over me on performance day, and the retarded semi-wrestling scene we had to perform...Aahh...sw33t. The most recent one, exactly a year ago was the best one in my opinion. With Peter, we had a play which was...dare I say it..good. Glenn was Kimmy, Raied was Fandi, I was Phil, and up-til now, nobody remembers the name of Elaine's character. The other were faceless voids, but they themselves were integral in making the play that damn good.

This year, we've only got one performance, because the National Day and Speech Day have been combined into a National Speech Day (WTF?). It's a real pity the secondary 1s will never get to see us performing, since tomorrow's performance is exclusively for the upper secondaries. We've been working on this performance for months; let's not fuck anything up.

After this, there will be no more.
This will be our last; Our Swansong.

As National Day comes, the Indonesian flag flies high at the Esplanade.


Anyways, I didn't come to school today, because I've been sick. Since Saturday in fact. The doctor gave me two days' worth of MCs but I can't use tomorrow's one because I'm performing. I used half of today's one; I didn't go to school in the morning, but went to Drama in the afternoon. See the sacrifices I make for the club? Hurhur. I did manage to finally get my clothes for the dinner. Pants, Shirt and Blazing Blazer all in one shot have been bought. I'm so proud of my taste. I'm not planning to look good; I'm planning to look BEST!

They said up to 3 articles of clothing, but it was mid-day, and the Topman was practically empty, so I had monopoly over all their clothes, yayness.



After my aggressive marketing of MiniShine Milk Tea, sales have shot through the roof. In responce, 7-11 has raised prices. Darn.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Locations of visitors to this page Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter