Raymond Angelo is the Exoticoption.

Thursday, August 31, 2006

That's why I hold your hands.


I was supposed to write my speech yesterday, but no muse came, so I slept on it, woke up at four in the morning and put together a little something. I hope my speech sounded as good as it did in my mind; and I hope that my little peeks at my script went unnoticed. I was supposed to go to the centre of the stage like Vijay did, but I had a big-ass script, and it would be unglam to hold it up; all crumpled and all. Thanks to the people who stood up for me when I finished; and all those who wished to stand up but couldn't xD. I appreciate it, rly, sncrly.

As for the ACES day dance, it was a whole lot of fun; our best dance by far! And too bad to all those who couldn't win! We've all put in effort, enjoyed ourselves along the way, so what the heck, I guess.

SWING; THE ACES DAY DANCE

Credits to HuiMin!

4A 2006:

4A 2006; With 100% more HAWT :)



Happy Teachers' Day to all! Here's the speech!

A good teacher is like a candle - it consumes itself to light the way for others.

In my four years of being in the school, I’ve had the pleasure of being under many teachers. Ok, well that didn’t sound right, but you get what I mean; I’ve been taught by many teachers. As a prefect too, I’ve worked together with many teachers in my duties for the school. I am proud to say that all of them have been amazing; their dedication towards their work is applaud able; a feat in itself. They go an extra mile just so that WE can benefit. They burn midnight oil to mark our papers, stay back late to teach us. They may always nag at us, asking us to go to school on Saturdays even though there’s the 5-day-work-week thing, but if we think about it just for one second, we realize that just as it is optional for us, it is also optional for them. They can choose to stay home, chillax, watch some television; but no, instead, they spend their Saturday mornings with us, in preparations for the examinations.

Though they may at times, scold us, please fellow students, do not take it to heart. They don’t want to do it, but t hey only want what’s best for us; sometimes we ourselves don’t know what’s best for us, we’re only so young, but let me assure you that they know what they’re doing so don’t ever doubt your teachers. They’re professionals.

Teaching is one of the most difficult jobs around. Unlike in medicine where they’ve got machines to do the diagnosis, unlike engineering where they’ve got computers to do the calculations, teaching is the only major occupation of man for which we have not yet developed tools that make an average person capable of competence and performance. In teaching we rely on the "naturals," the ones who somehow know how to teach. And let me assure you that all our teachers are talented, capable and phenomenal people who know how to teach.

Teachers are expected to reach unattainable goals with inadequate tools. The miracle is that at times they accomplish this impossible task. They never give up on us.

They’ve been instrumental for my growth as a person. In my four years in Queenstown, I’ve gained so much from them; they’ve given me so much. They were always patient, they always made sure we’re sure, and on top of that, they are not only teachers, but they’re people who are there for us, whenever we are in need. For helping us learn so many things and making each day so worthwhile, thanks for being mentors of our minds as well as our hearts.

Let me end with a quote from a wise teacher. There’s no such thing as a stupid, only lazy. Thank you, and happy teachers’ day, study hard and good luck for the coming examinations.

I actually prepared a little poem for teachers’ day, so, here it is.

teaching is a special gift

as you often show

there's a talent and an art

in helping others learn and grow

and so it seems appropriate

while this special day is here

to tell you you're appreciated

everyday throughout the year

Happy Teachers’ Day.

Oooh. And I went back to Stamford Primary too. The turn-out was pathetic, but it was good seeing the guys once again. They've changed so much; and it's fun, getting to see them once again. They all went to better schools than I did! Everybody's gotten so much taller, but I don't care :\. Had lunch, chatted around, and then played pool at Peace Centre. I played Tetris at Jian Hao's DS, and OWNED his high-score. His was 70000+, I got 160000+ on my first try.

I'm a tetris prodigy. And I hate it when this happens:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Locations of visitors to this page Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter