Raymond Angelo is the Exoticoption.

Saturday, December 09, 2006

Like Riders We Ride

Let's see...Chalet, 4A 2006.



I've been planning to post this picture for a long time, but I could never find the right time. So, I guess with the chalet being "beyond {the} four walls", and it being a class thing, I guess that posting this baner is apt. There were mixed reactions when the girls put this up. I, on one hand applauded the effort, while others slammed it for being an eyesore. Nevertheless, it stayed up there, and we grew used to it.

This chalet would have been more fun if everybody had been there. Like the banner says, "Everyone Matters". Not that I'm on good terms with everyone (not saying I'm on bad terms either, mind you since I've got no known enemies), but the more the merrier. But what the heck, despite the fact that only slightly more than half of the class turned up, it was still more fun than a barrel of monkeys. With paintballs. On a Monday.

WTF?

Anyways. From the airport, I reached the chalet at around 9 in the morning. Most were still sleeping, and I was pooped myself. Yeah. That, and moody. So I went upstairs to sleep with Yan Shan and the girls. I was in a state, but they gave me words of encouragement and stuff. Though I didn't really appreciate it then, on hindsight, I do now, so even if it's late, "Thanks". The rest of the people in the chalet went of to Escape first. Since I'd gone there not too long ago, I slept in.

Glenn Lum, Choo Jia Han and Ryan came over. Here's a few updates...Glenn's working at Tiong's NTUC as a cashier, so if you've got the chance, do drop by. Ryan's looking, while Jia Han's busy tending to his imaginary dog, KarWai. YanShan went downstairs, and Xian Liang was there too so we played cards for abit. "Cheat" was the shiat.

Renting a Mahjong Table was a priority. I'm one of the few Pinoys around who know how to play, and I'm the only one you probably know off who knows how to play too. And I'm not bad...I actually won a few games here and there. AND I can read the Chinese numbers from 1-9; beat that!

"Fa-Kau!"

...

Is that how you pronounce it? The funky green character?

Anyways...what else did we do...?

Ahh. There was the BBQ. Food was good, and a big thank-you to Jeremy and XianLiang and Andrian for doing most of the cooking. Me, Ryan, Glenn Lum and Choo played this dumbass game where you have to stick a satay stick into the ground like a javelin. It's not as easy as it sounds!

There was cycling too, and boy...$18 for a whole night...I wasn't sure whether it was worth it. However, since all the guys were in, I fell for peer pressure. There's two kinds of peer pressure: the harmful and the come-join-the-fun...unless I had no prior knowledge of cycling, like Ryan, cycling certainly falls into the latter category.

Man...cycling was fun. The first was marred by an accident. As we cycled down a bridge there was a bicycle pile-up. Ching Yong crashed into Xian Liang and there was blood, and it was ugly. Xian Liang got up fine, but Ching Yong had blood running down his knees, elbows...and euggh. We went back to examine his gashes; thankfully Glenn Lum, no matter how many days he pontanged Red Cross, was equipped with the know-how needed to apply first aid. Yay.

We went riding a second time, with Ringo who joined at 10+, and this time, we got lost. Our path...the black represents the way there. The red represents the way back. I'm serious.



Ok...so I might be exxagerating, but we fucked up the way back. It was my fault, partially. "I think the MRT station is that way!" I exclaimed...but what it really was was a FireStation. WTF! And we wondered around somemore, and when we asked for directions, I found that I had lead everyone in the completely wrong direction....so yeah...in all...we cycled from around...11 to 3 I think. And don't forget the cycling before that. So that's like...5 hours...wow. And my ass was in horrible pain.

Oh. And something interesting happened at a 7-11 too. One of us (not mentioning names, because I've got no permission) decided to fuck around with the cashier. He got a small gulp, and a big gulp and drank from both of them. The cashier shouted at him from the counter. And he bought the small gulp saying that he was testing the cups. At least I think that's how it went. It was the moon see...the moon makes us high.

Went back and played more mahjong. I showered too, taking a towel who belongs to god-knows-who. To whoever it is, if you find you're towel smelling like...me, well I used it.

Slept for abit. When I sat down, I winced. My ass. Ouch.

We returned the bikes at around 9...but the shop opened at only 11 so we waited around like idiots until then.

We broke chalet, and headed back home. Thankfully, I had a direct bus. Yay, me. Slept on the bus, but didn't sleep in the afternoon. It ruins my sleeping cycle, see. And...I need my beauty sleep. Oops. I don't need it...but I'm cranky without sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Locations of visitors to this page Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter