Raymond Angelo is the Exoticoption.

Monday, January 01, 2007

Chronicles Under Gunfire I

Chronicles Under Gunfire: A raymond-angelo.blogspot.com Event; First of an Eight-part Epic.

It's been awhile back; but I'll try my best to recall the events in the most clear fashion possible. This will come in doses since the "Quality VS Quantity" philosophy fails to apply to my situation; The Quantity is much, and the Quality, as always, is good.


I'm confident and proud, but if you choose to view me as arrogant, then you probably don't like me much, do you? Because as I see it, the terms "confident", "proud" and "arrogant" are the just different sides of the same coin; albeit they differ in the level of hatred. "Confident" means you like me, "proud" is neutral, and "arrogant" is you-think-I'm-an-ass.

So which is it?

On other news, I left Singapore soil December the 16th. I was dejected; I was in no shape to leave. My girlfriend just got back 4 days ago, and though I spent all of those 4 days with her (I loved every single moment BTW), it made me wanting more. But alas (sial, so drama), I had to leave. With my flight being slightly past midnight, I had the opportunity to spend the earlier portion of the day with Delise.

I relished it. We had linner/dunch at Suntec's Swensen, the one with the posh-ish chairs and tables for couples. After that, we headed to the airport and sat at the viewing gallery to wrap my Christmas presents. I'm not sure how appropriate that is, but after we sat down on the cold floor, other couples followed suit. Meh, we did it first. Anyways, I'm clueless at wrapping presents, but, as proven so, I was able to learn from the best.

We exchanged going-away presents. I won't say much, but...I love her; I guess that's all everybody needs to know.

I met my my mum and brothers at the airport, slightly past midnight. We had a bunch of stuff with us. Loads of luggage; like I said, I think I was over-packed. 6 pieces of suitcases in all, but there's this brotherhood-thing among Pinoys; when we look into each other's eyes, we see a glimpse of the soil, the air...and the farm. The one who checked us in was a Pinoy, so we were able to talk him into slightly over-luggaging us. Pinoy Power!

We screwed around at the airport for awhile. If you remember correctly, I was able to sneak in a post during the time I was at the Airport. Hooray for technology!

Finally, we got into the airplane for our flight to Dubai. I made a mistake; actually, I was flying to Dubai (United Arab Emirates), and then to Karachi (Pakistan) and then to Islamabad (Pakistan). That's a total of...20+ hours I think, including transit time, of course.

We took Emirates; and, being a group of 4, we occupied the seats at the middle of the plane. We were so far away from the windows! I've always loved looking outside and looking down at all the little people. Makes me feel like I belong :\. We took Emirates; and I didn't like the in-flight entertainment very much. The movies...you couldn't watch the movies you wanted. Instead, you followed the schedule available. The list of movies was not to my liking. The good ones, I have already seen, and the bad ones...well, were bad.

After watchign a select scenes from "Step Up", I still think it stinks. Oh wells, at least I can say that I've actually watched it.

Thank god for the comedy channel; Friends, Malcolm in the Middle, Everybody Hates Chris, Family Guy and the works. Hooray for good sitcoms.

The food was bad, but isn't it always?

After the long flight, I came back down to Earth, at Dubai. What can I say about Dubai? I love the place. It's so...COOL! I find it to be better than Changi's. The shops are...more...AWESOME! I love the variety of products they have; and the convenience of...the lay-out is damn well-planned. And it's crowded too. Usually, it's bad, but it's a heavy dosage of O.o when you're in a airport. It was a melting pot of citizens from so many countries! There were Japs, Chinks, Niggers, Pinoys, Ang-mohs...I love seeing them all in one place. It's like a mini-globe.

On a side-note...is it racist if I say something like "I Love Chinks", when the meaning behind it is positive? Somebody call Philosophy 101, stat! Anyways, pictures of Dubai airport!



Golden Arcs invades the Middle-east! GO GLOBALIZATION!


But so did Crocs! Boo GLOBALIZATION!


Check out those urinals! It's more interesting than anything else on the picture. I think :).


We stayed there for abit, and my mum bought me my Zune, which is my Christmas present, even though it was 2 weeks before. I'm having trouble with uploading music, but I'm not giving up! I'll post a review sometime; but in a sentence, while incomparable to an iPod, it's still awesome in it's own ways.

We got on Emirates once again; this time, to Karachi. Flight was uneventful, but the airport was unique in it's own ways. There were no proper duty free shopping, like in Dubai or Changi, and it was worse, in every manner than the previous two. But I guess it was to be expected. At least they had free internet surfing, and it was not that dirty. We had our pictures taken with a webcam at Immigrations. I thought it amazing, because it wasn't done in Changi, but as Jeremy told me, the only place it wasn't done was at Changi. We apparently have CCTVs good enough for face recognition. Yay.

I chatted with a Pakistani at the Airport; he had praises for Singapore. I had none for Pakistan -.-. Couldn't help it lah...it's not exactly a country known for...anything other than...well, nothing much is known about it. It's a strict Islamic country which shares a border with Afghanistan, India and China. Ohs wells.

More pictures!


Where are my Internets?


Randomsities:


We left, 4 hours later for the plane to Islamabad. It was Pakistan International Airlines; like the airport, it wasn't as good as the Emirates. There were no forms of entertainment, so I occupied myself with a book. Though the later books in the series are bullcrap, the first instalment of Artemis Fowl is amazing.

But then again, I digress.

Islamabad Airport was worse than Karachi. I didn't like it :\. We were ushered out quickly though. It was the first time I laid my eyes on Pakistani soil...and I was...it reminded me of the Philippines. And Batam. And parts of Malaysia. I think it's just because all Third-moving-onto-second World countries share the same template: Lots of dust, and horrible traffic.


Uncle Paul was waiting there with a car from the BHC. The ride was an eye-opener. The roads were bumpy and the drivers, horrid. The cars were cheap, and it's not easy to find a car which features no scratches, bumps or dents. To my surprise, our driver spoke perfectly ok english. Yay. After an hour of driving...we reached home.

And Home, is the next edition of CUG. Until next time, Happy New Year and I hope you have a good 200se7en. I'm sure it'll be awesome.

Jay See, here I come!

On a PS, credits go to Delise for the pictures. But she didn't take them! WTF?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Locations of visitors to this page Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter