Raymond Angelo is the Exoticoption.

Sunday, May 06, 2007

Try The Limit

Things have been really fun in AC. I'm loving, and living up JC life now. The council meetings have been awfully exciting and enlightening...and if I doin't get in...I don't know how I'll feel. But let's not think about that!

I gave my Indian-scholar friend one of the best/worst one-liner ever, and I just realised that I probably sealed his faith. He's rapping see...and can you imagine that? If he makes it in, good for him, but if he doesn't, the fault's on me...because (as Sam said), I prayed on an innocent Indian jungle boy?

Anyways, debate yesterday morning was really fun. We're learning new styles of debates; I was up against JiaNi, on the subject of surrogate mothers, should they be banned or not?

-I guess it's a matter of choice. You can't impose your morals on someone...because that's the thing about morals; they'll be eroded eventually. If you've got a means...then might as well use it, right?
-But then again, do people know what they're getting into by being surrogate mothers? Can you put a price on bearing a child?

Yeah, just some questions. Then we had a full debate with Nicole (she's #3! Vote!), Eileen and Mark on my side. "Is child labour justified?"

-Depends. If there are means for education, then why not? The main obstacle in this debate is establishing whether education exists, and whether PROPER regulations can be imposed on child labour, such that they are not abused.

Went for lunch, and then watched Grease...rushed home to change, and then rushed to SRT to watch Culminatio with Eileen.

Bloody hell. I swear all the traffic lights were against me yesterday night. Every single traffic junction I passed, I saw red, both literally and figuratively. It was the worst streak of stops I've ever experienced, and it came at such a bad time too. In the end, I came late by a good (bad) ten minutes. Sorry Eileen!

Sat with Caleb in the end at the top row, and joined Eileen during the interval.

Anyways! Culminatio is part of the DEP curriculum; the DEP students form groups, and in these groups, they perform and are graded on the spot. 5 plays in total, and I loved it. I didn't like the first one though...maybe because I'm a filipino, and the play was about filipino maids getting abused. They didn't quite get the accent right, and the issue they spoke off...it's kinda obvious, yeah? No subtleness, but since it's an adapted script, it's no fault of theirs.

Rashomon was awesome. They emulated a real sword-duel on stage...one time...and then they had a freaking FLASHBACK of the whole thing, and if you're really observant, you'll see that they made an effort to keep the two duels as similar to each other.

It ended and we walked around, with Raymus, Sheryl and Ketchup (I don't know his real name, he asked me to call him Ketchup, so wtf yeah, but he's cool). Cabbed with Ketchup back to Paya Lebar, and that's it.

Really long day, and I'm planning to stay home and study today. Oh, and get a hair-cut too! Prepare for a...SLOPE!

Credits: Thank you Glen, for waking me up. And making me blush. Long story. Not fit for here. It's personal :).

Apologies: Sorry 4a guys...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Locations of visitors to this page Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter