Raymond Angelo is the Exoticoption.

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Me In The Mirror

Have you ever realized that you've never ever truly seen yourself?

The image of yourself that you've live with for your whole life is the one you see in the mirror, the one you see in pictures, the one you see in images...the one you see through a reflection. You see, images are always laterally inverted, so in this manner, let's say if I comb my hair to my right when looking at the mirror, it will appear to others as me having combed it to the left. And frankly, that's just mind-boggling.

I spend a whole lot of time looking at mirrors. I once said that if this world had no mirrors present, I'd be saving myself hours simply NOT looking at myself. But then *BAM* the person I see is not the same as what others see, and then...it dawns on you that though the you in the mirror simply look sooooo damn good, other people aren't seeing what you're seeing, and you might not be as perfect as you actually are.

My mind's been thoroughly...pardon the language, but yeah, it's been thoroughly "effed", blown, screwed over. This revelation means that the time I spend looking at the mirror will be effectively doubled because on top of looking at myself, I have to imagine myself as how other people see me. Gah. The logistics of it all slays me.

On a less superficial level, I guess you can use this as an analogy as to how other people look at you; I always think I'm perfect, right, humourous, charming, and shit like that, but am I really? What if I'm over-stepping boundaries without realizing it? What if the other person has limits which I've violated...raped even?

Haha. Who am I kidding?

It's all about the mirrors baby.

PS: Another one of my skipping ropes has been broken. Dang! And I just got it 2 months ago. It snapped totally. Fourth one since June. One thing I've got to be thankful for is that it didn't snap during my sprint-skipping...which happened once. Let's just say I sorta know what being caned/whipped feels like. Ouchy.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Locations of visitors to this page Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter