Raymond Angelo is the Exoticoption.

Monday, May 22, 2006

Some of the best things in life are free

It's funny how today feels so much like a Friday. I guess that's because i'm still in the after-exam mood. Must pull myself out...asap.

Today's good, but then again, so is any other day. I got 33/50 for paper 2 of English, scoring 65+. That's a B3! 1+1+2+2+2+3=11. Assuming I get an A in terms of CCA points, that'll mean 2 points off, and that'll be 9 points. Nope, still short of VJC, but it's good enough for most JCs. Considering that the mid-year is supposed to be more difficult than the actual O-levels, and that the effort we put in for this stupid exam will be minimal compared to what will do for the O-levels, I don't think there's any reason to worry. So cheer up, everyone! Even though the crock's ticking, there's plenty of thyme.

Went for Quest Fit for the first time in a long time. Running three rounds around the damned field outside the damned school again. I was really looking forward to this session, since we were supposed to do weight taking, but no. I asked why and I was answered "No, today run" What the...? At least give me a straight answer, since I'm going to have to spend the rest of the day with my shirt stuck to my damn back because of all the perspiration. Anyway, my fitness has taken a severe beating after the exam period. I can't even keep up with ZZY anymore. What's happened to me? Who knows, but I'm going to catch up during this holidays. Chiong arh.

Did alot of walking back of forth during Geography, because I got fooled into thinking that there was no lesson, and I had to go back ot take my answer papers. I'm too gullible for my own good, naive if I'm being a critic, cute/innocent if I'm being an optimist. Let's all be optimists. The lesson was "..." and there's we're going to be sitting for the Sec 3 paper this Thursday. Should be pretty simple. Random: I used to spell pretty as "preety", since pretty so doesn't make sense. Heard of petty before? Does it sound like "preety"? Why can't the English language be simpler?

A-maths and Social Studies. I can't really remember much which goes on in Social Studies. The ratio of lesson to story is 4 : 6. I don't really care though, as long as I learn whatever I need to learn. I vaguely recall discussing sewage expressway, and I'm like "What do you call them? P.E.E? S.H.I.T? W.I.I.W.I.I?" It's mind-boggling. Speaking of expressways, did you ever hear the joke about the previous Filipino president, Joseph Estrada?

Here's a brief lesson in history for you: Joseph Estrada (nicknamed Erap) was once a famous actor, churning out hit after hit. He had the hair, the moustache, and sideburns, much like the John Trevolta of the Pinas. So, being the power hungry pig he is, he became a politician (the trend of actors turning politicians started in Philipinnes). Since much of the Filipino population are dirt-poor (4% of the population controls more than 50% of the money) they vote for whoever they see on the silver screens. Through Estrada's glib tounge and illiterate supporters, he rose through the ranks, and became the President. He's a bad president, and got ousted through People Power. While he was still in power, he travelled to Singapore to visit our PM. As he was travelling down the road, he made a comment that Singaporeans are very warm and welcoming, but suck in their spelling. WHy is that? He saw a gajillion signs bearing the words "ERP".

The assembly was a chinese Karaoke competition. It was it was lah, a Karaoke competition as in "Oke" standard. Ok ,that might be over critical since the guy in Sec 5 and our very own Swee Lin were awesome but the two guys from Sec 4 N(A) were >.< ans Zul was...well let's just say he's not Chinese. There was a malay performance though called "Gadis Melayu" and it was really good. The other contestants did an impromptu dance. The teacher in-charge is so gonna get his/her ass burned. None of our Heads like stuff which are not planned. One thing which struck me though; how people were more interested in the music videos rather than the performers themselves.

Had lunch at Dawson with Glenn and Elgin, then went back to school and watched guys play b.ball for awhile. Headed to Bukit Merah Central to get a hair-cut with TahNern, RIngo, YanShan, WeiJin and Jeremy. You must be wondering "Why would anyone want to get a haircut just before the holidays?" It's because we're going to have a spot-check tomorrow. Talk about horrible timing. Why must the school be so particular about your hair? I just got my hair-cut a week ago at CutNCurl at Singapore Post Chopping Centre because my fringe kept irritating my eyes. Every morning, I woke up with blood-shot eyes. If only I was a FEW shades paler, you'd mistake me for Silas, the albino monk who's into S&M. So, I did get a hair-cut, but the back was still too long. I didn't realise until people started pointing it out. And yes, it was really long. The whole head was short, but the back is long, like a mohawk really. So, I got a free trimming at Creative something at Bukit Merah Central. I offered to pay, but they declined, and only asked I come back again. I'm not sure whether I'll come back again since I'm such a big fan of CutNCurl, but I'll just promote them in my own way. If you ever need a Hair-cut, please do go to Bukit Merah Central, near 7-11 and the Indian Fast Food called Creative Cut, run by this guy called Allan. He roXXX, and that's with a capital XXX.

Some of the best things in life are free. Then again some of the worsts. Cancer, aids, etc. Nothing's truly F.O.C.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Locations of visitors to this page Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter