Raymond Angelo is the Exoticoption.

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Return of An AC Warrior

First off, I'd like to apologise for the lack of updates the past few days; I've been busy with orientation, as you know.

It's not easy to get used to this new lifestyle; I mean to say. Before the 3rd of January, life seemed so much more carefree. And then -BAM-, all of a sudden, you're expected to spend 4 consecutive days in school; waking at 5 in the morning and reaching home at around 8. I'm still not used to it; but I'm trying.

Waking up, as usual, is the ultimate pain in the nuts. At first, you're asking, "5 more minutes, please", and you ask and ask again, and before you know it, you're late and you're on a taxi to school and you've lost a good portion of your allowance...I'm kidding about the taxi part, really. Things have taken a difficult turn, and I'm not getting as much money as I used to, so yeah.

I've got two options: a long bus ride or an exhausting MRT one. I like the long bus ride because I can catch up on my sleep while on the bus; and at such early hours, getting a seat is not a problem. But then, you realise that when someone says long...it means REALLY BLOODY FUCKING LONG. The ride lasts for more than an hour, and as the bus approaches AC, the traffic becomes more congested: the bus slows down to a crawl, and you're only solution is dropping off a stop early and RUNNING to school.

Needless to say, you'll be sweating bullets. And swearing profusely. You'll be like "Dirka dirka dirka MOTHER-FUCKING TRAFFIC".

If only the MRT station was nearer to my house; it's a 10-minute walk...I know it's not that far...but I'm lay-zee. I can always take a bus to the station itself but that's troublesome too. And even though the ride goes by reasonably quickly (makes me wonder why I never considered taking MRT to Queenstown, I groan at all the hous of sleep I've needlessly lost), the walk from Buena Vista to the JC itself is very far.

One, two, three...*GROAN and GRUMBLE*.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On another subject; I'd like to address the perception of AC being full of snobs who look down on people from "lesser" schools (i.e Queenstown).

It's not. All you have to do is be yourself and people will accept you.

Don't try too hard, because that way, you're acknowledging that you think they're better than you, and as such, you have to "prove yourself". You don't have to lah. I think it's Wan Jun who told me that the thing they can't stand is "trying to hard", and I heeded that advice. I know it's cliche, but all you've got to do is be yourself.

Because underneathe that uniform is the same skin, and in three months time, all those uniforms will be the same.

One uniform; one crest; one ACJC.

I look forward to the next two years tremendously.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Locations of visitors to this page Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter