Raymond Angelo is the Exoticoption.

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Thank-yous Long Overdue

A little bit of appreciation never hurt anybody; on the contrary, I love being appreciated for the things I've done.

As everyone knows, I got 8 points for my O-levels and may have very-well topped the school. The only problem was that two other people had one more distinction that I did, which is a total bummer. But, my results were good, nonetheless.

Sure, I put in loads of effort, hours and hours of mugging and buckets of sweat, but it's not all me. This may be news to you, but the world doesn't revolve around Raymond Angelo. There were other people who pushed me to get to where I am right now and in this post, I'll give thanks to them.

Firstly, a big thank-you to all teachers who've taught me the past 4 years. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU. You've been amazing; not all of us did well this year, but for those who did, their success can only have been possible with your help. You were the ones who stayed back with us, and were available on MSN/phones for help. I'd like to give special thanks to Ms Chua, for meeting up with us outside curriculum to revise geography, Mrs Dass for a similar manner of help in Lit, Mdm Yani for her essay conferencing, and and AND Mdm Nur Laila, who, despite her relatively short time-spent in Queenstown, showed commitment to our batch, and into giving us the much-needed nudge.

Next; all my friends in Queenstown. You've been good for your support; during those RARE times where I found myself stuck in AMaths, there was Ivan. For criticism of The English Teacher, there was Jeremy. For Geography, there was the Answer Booklet :\. But my point is, my friends were there for me during the O-level period. They alleviated abit of my pressure, and they went in with me together, and from the looks of it, we made it out alive.

Congratulations to people like Jeremy, Raied, Elaine, Dorcas, Choo Jia Han and to many many more. To others who didn't do as well as they expected, brood over it for awhile, sure, but don't let it pull you down too much. In the middle of that O, the light shines through.

Literally.

And to my mum and dad. They were clueless at how the O-level examinations worked. The other day, I called my mum. "I GOT EIGHT POINTS!". She simply asked what that meant -.-". And my dad's just as ignorant. But still, they were there for me; they periodically checked on my progress and gave me extra cash if I had to take a cab to go home because school kept me late.

So thanks.

And lastly, to Delise, my darling. She pushed the hell out of me. And she suffered just as much as I did. We couldn't go out as often, but we did go out, and it made the long periods of not going and mugging out worth it. She missed the China trip just to be with me during my O-levels period, and that's a sacrifice which makes me love her so so much. There was a time where she travelled all the way to my house just to pass my my Geography notes because my Prelims were the next day; I still remember that "badump-badump" I felt in my heart when I saw her; it made me realise she's the one for me.

So there it goes, appreciation for the O-levels. Thanks everybody; I won't let you down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Locations of visitors to this page Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter