Raymond Angelo is the Exoticoption.

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Raymond Is Popular

I made a typo. I had originally intended the title to have "at" instead of "is", but it went against the very basis of my belief and it undermined my ego, so I just...yeah, couldn't help it -_-".

So anyways, the first day of Promos ended yesterday. I thought the GP essay went super fine, but the AQ component was a real dick. I'm serious. I didn't have any solid examples, and had to result to some hypothetical crap about...gah. It was horrid! But other than that, I thought the summary was simple enough, and the questions were adequately challenging. There was Malay B in the afternoon, but let's not talk about that. I could understand it, yay, and from what Jeremy said, Chinese B will have alot of failures, so in the event that I DO fail, I won't be the only one.

The "B" papers ended before the normal mother tongue, so I chose to go home as soon as my paper ended.

Moses: Hey, where are you going?
Raymond: I'm going to Popular. Going to get myself some Pokemon manga.
Moses: The weird thing is...I know you're not kidding. You really are going to go, aren't you?
Raymond: Got that right.

So I headed over to Bras Basah's Pop Club, and got myself some stuff! My TRUE reason for going to Popular is to get the "Challenging Questions: Mathematics" for my revision purposes. Yes. That's it. That's the reason. No...not Pokemon.



So I got my Maths books, my Pokemon Adventures Volume 15 & 16 (8 more to go before I catch up~) and I found this book by Curtis Sittenfeld as well.

Who? She wrote one of my favourite books of all time, Prep, which is a coming-of-age story of this girl who goes to a boarding school. It's a blow-by-blow (and I really do mean BLOW) account of her years in a posh high school, and you grow up with her, as she know...make friends, make boyfriends, and gets her heart-broken by some jerk, and then she matures and stuff like that. I loved it. And when I saw that the same author's got another book, I didn't hesitate.

Mike Gayle's got new stuff too, but it's the "expensive" edition. I'll wait for the cheaper one to come along, because yeap, I'm a miser...but sigh, I feel like such a non-fan. I have all his books, know? And I've been reading him since "Mr Commitment" which was his second book, and he's got more than 5 now.

Anyways. I just want to state that only a real man can go up to the counter with TWO Pokemon books, and a chick flick, and a mugger's best friend. I'm fully comfortable with my masculinity, my maturity, and my manliness.

The next two days look to be full of mugging, and the three days after that full of papers. I don't know how I'll survive, seriously, but I'll make it through.

And I'll BLOG about it. Yas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Locations of visitors to this page Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter