Raymond Angelo is the Exoticoption.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

It could easily have been 999

06/06/06.

Just typing those damned numbers make me feel jitters. The ominous number of "The Beast", "The Anti-christ", whatever. At the coming of the prophesised Armageddon, all humans will be branded by this particular number. Horrifying isn't it? At least, that's how the Bible says it's going to go down. I watched the whole "Holy Bible" week, and I'm pretty knowledgable about everything unorthodox about the bible. Go National Geographic!

Did you know, that candidates for Antichrist ranges from Bill Gates, Michael Jackson Adolf Hitler (let A=100, B=101 and so on, and the sum of his name adds up to 666), and heck, even Jesus, Christ himself (A=9, B=18, C=27 and so on, and you'll get 666)? The imagination of the human mind knows no bounds.

So, how goes this day of supposed blasphemy?

I had Social Studies class this morning at 10/10:30, as half of the people I asked said 10 and the other half said 10:30. So what does one do in this kind of situation? Well, the obvious of course, which is to come before 10. I tried to do the obvious but failed, because I forgot to bring my Social Studies textbook, and had to walk all the way back home just to get back a book which we ended up not using. Haiz.

So, there I was, on the bus, playing with my DS. Reached school at 10:15. Safe, as the lesson started only at 10:30. Ate two pieces of prata from the blue plate stall (I classify stalls by the colour of their plates, because I can't remember which end is 1). They're cheap, but not as good as the red-plate stall, which makes a mean combo of prata and mushroom soup/chicken gravy.

Ivan brought his yo-yo today; it's quite childish honestly (pot-calling-kettle-black alert!), but cool at the same time. He filmed himself doing roller-coaster, and TEN around-the-world. He has potential to reach heights far greater that his tallness allows (pot-calling-kettle-black alert AGAIN!). I will post a video of it once he bluetooths me. Ryan did the hot-bikini trick, which is cool in its own right, but no one can beat me on the yo-stick.

It began raining mid-way through our Social Studies lesson. "The rain fell from the sky like an iron curtain, enveloping the land with a blanket of sea, drowning the unbelievers". Ahh...how ominous. Then *flash* went the lightning. It wasn't just a simple flash nor a girl-flashing-flash, but a camera flash. Instinctively, I raised my right arm in that dumbass "peace"-sign (a habit I've only dropped recently, or so I thought), and went WTF when I saw no one with a camera. Boom cracks the thunder and I mentally punched myself for being think, because physically doing so will knock my brains out as I've got arms of steel. Lesson ended early, and we went to the bus-stop with little vision of where to go.

There was me, Ringo, Yan Shan and Tah Nern. The basic plan was to watch "The Omen" at wherever. But...where lah? Dilly-dallied and when a 111 came, our mind wasn't made up yet, but we still took it since most cinemas can be reached through 111 (PS, Cine, Lido, Suntec). We decided to check out Cathay in the end, the new one just built about a month or two back. Bus ried was talking about fads we had in our childhood, like beyblades, tamiyas and crush gears. I feel so out of the rhytmn now man, what's all the young'-uns up to nowadays, Maple is it? I've tried playing PangYa for awhile, but I couldn't stand young kids asking me how come I was still playing stupid games at my age. I tried to answer in a logical, civilised manner, but how the hell do you properly reply to someone who's asking you "How come you so slack leh?"

Impressions of the new Cathay building? It was an interesTHING (interesting+thing=interesTHING). Too white lah, and too posh to be a hang-out. Since it only opened recently, there were very little shops open. One shop per floor baby! The Adidas there was awesome...I found a few ideal replacements for my current one. I was drawn to a red-orange-and-white shoe with the word "Sala" on it, but something was telling me it was the wrong choice....-_-" (for those who got it, sorry for being lame). I do see how someone can get addicted to Cathay...it reeked of paint; the kind addicts sniff when they've got no cash.

The movie was starting at 3, and we were there at 1 somenumber, so we had lunch at Subway at Paradiz, where we were joined by Andrian, and played LAN for an hour at HQ. Me, Ringo TahNern againt the remaining two. Despite having the advantage in terms of numbers, we lost due to quality of play. I let Kanta dominate my lane, so he farmed and levelled up quite easily. He's a bully. Raied, Jason, Clement, Hawker and the rest of the other LAN gang (pardon me if I forget to mention you, it was very dark you see, I could hardly see myself) showed up and we played a few rounds of CS. We ended at 3:05, and the movie started at 3, so we freaking ran to Cathay. Thank god I keep fit, my thighs in shape and my respiratory system in inhaling-and-exhaling mode.

The cinemas was full. I don't really see what's different about Cathay. The seats are comfy, but so are most cinemas in Singapore. When the lights go out, everything looks the same, yeah? The movie started...and it was bad. I understand it's a remake, but it's still bad. Stupid plot which was totally predictable. The sign 666 could easily have been interpreted as 999, so it's a sign for us to call the police then? Some parts were shocking, never scary, and that's whymy hands were covering my eyes half the time. I have a tendency to scream when shocked, not when afraid, so I ONLY covered my eyes so that I won't be shocked. I wasn't being hum (sp?). Got that?

Here's a bold prediction from me. Spain's going to win the World Cup. In the Omen, one of the signs of the Antichrist is the rise of Rome. Since Rome is in Spain...I'lll let you make the connection.

Omen? 6 stars...out of 666.



Headed to PS to buy a presents and then went home.

I'm going off to do Geography now, so adios, amigos.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Locations of visitors to this page Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter