Raymond Angelo is the Exoticoption.

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Judge me for who I strive to become

What's better way to spend the weekend than slacking off at home? Nothing, that's what. First week of holidays went by faster than you can say "What holiday?" and it's been an anti-holiday. Not enough relaxation, that ain't no exageration. Wait a minute, this isn't the time ot busta my rhymes. It's time for yesterday's post!

Walked to school from Dawson with a donut in hand, and a sizzling cool Nescafe Latte (Can) in the other, listening to one of the 4 songs in my handphone (Miserable, I know). We had an A-maths lesson in the A.M at the AVT with 4C once again. I had to correct my A-maths worksheet though, the one on Permutation and Combination...because 99.9% of my answers were wrong. Srsly, WTF? I got the concept all wrong, but I rectified it quite quickly. We sat for a mini A-maths test at HeyMath. (Note: Need help with A-maths? Check this site out. What? No user/pass? PM me) Did it without much discussion and got 90%...WAH...nothing much really, considering that it was upon 10 only and was mostly MCQs.

We had a 30 minutes break after A-maths, and instead of going ot Dawson, we stayed in school instead. No, it's not because we're hum (typo?), we're just sick of Dawson food....at least that's what we tell ourselves. The Malay stall was selling Chicken Rice and everybody either bought that or the pratas at the other Malay stall (the one with blue plates), but I've already had my breakfast so eating was not an option. I can't let myself balloon this holidays. Drank more coffee, because no matter what everybody else says, caffeine is good for you.

Interesting 4-hour long Chemistry class followed that. I really like Organic chemistry. It's not simple too understand, yet doesn't require too much mugging. I love it. Anyway, one of the requirements of Organic Chemistry was knowing about "esters". Esters are stuff produced when you mix organic acid with alcohol, and supposedly give off a swet smell. Following so far? So, I have this classmate, named Esther (if you're reading this, 'HI!" and I hope you don't mind me using you/your name here). You know what's coming don't you? Pun-ny puns, like, duh. I heard giggles whenever Mdm Teoh said "sweet-smelling ester", and lots of ester-related puns. Ugh. I swear, if I got a Yusoff for every single good puns I heard...I'll still be broke, because none of them were good.

We had yet another break-time, an hour long instead of a half-hour, to give us time for lunch. We had already eaten in school, so we went over to Dawson for lunch instead. Bloody crowded, that place is during lunch-time. There's a stall in Dawson which is mostly ignored, but is hugely under-rated. It's the stall nearest to the Drink/Dessert one. They're seafood fried rice is good. Price? Doesn't matter, since we shouldn't put prices on priceless things. That's one of the worst sins we humans have committed. Putting a price on priceless things, like art for instance, and food, and videogames, yeah, that should be free, and arcade too...

We had a practical-theory (OXYMORON ALERT) lesson for Physics where we learned basic presentation of Physics experiments. It seems quite simple, on the surface, but we're only scratching here. Everything in Physics from the textbook seem simple, but that's a false sense of security. Get the blue coloured Physics assesment book, and you'll realise just how punishing physics can be...if you're broke, you can always jump off a building and physics can punish you in that way too (gravitional energy>you).

After the lesson, we were all geared to go our seperate ways. I found Glenn Lum's gospels, and I will scan it, tonight. Choo Jia Han did something stupid again. He broke Hui Min's bag...not broke, but tore off the strap...not on purpose, but on the basis of his stupidity. Lol. Joking lah, Kar Wai's a cool guy. He offered to pay Hui Min $13! Generous, but wait a minute...the bag costs $30++...Also, we found out that the lift eats people.


As we walked to the bus-stop (the one with the bridge), we found a few sticks on the field where the Quest Fit guys usually run. Played with it for awhile, and did mock-fighting for abit. You can call me "Wong Hei Hong" beetches!

I'm sick and tired of having to pay the full fare on buses, so when my mum was going to make my second brother's EZ-link (he lost his wallet), I had mine remade too. But before that, I had to get my picture taken...I have a few, but they're not up-to-date. You look at 'em, and you won't realise that I was that person in that picture. Pictures speak louder than words, so I won't bother to describe it. Instead, watch out for a before-and-after picture, coming at you, sonner or later.

My mum knew a Filipina photographer at Lucky Plaza so that's where I went. It's on the 4th floor, and is called the Ministry of Pictures (MOP). It was my first time in Lucky Plaza, the Pinoy Haven, in a while, and I felt so out of place. However, the shop-owners didn't, and kept haggling me whenever I walked to near their stalls (You want some cheap cameras to bring home to Philippines? Need some souvenirs to bring back to your relatives?). Jeebus. Anyway, the MOP looked rad:


My maid and third brother (Ryco=Ryan+Franco, they didn't call him Ryan at home because it sounded too much like Ray-an) joined us, to get my bro's picture taken. Later, we an early dinner at GP, which is one of the foremost restaurants serving Pinoy cuisine. I had a classic Pinoy dessert called Halo-Halo only, and that was my dinner.

Looks nice doesn't it? The classic mish-mash of corn, ice-cream, ice, condensed milk, and other sort-of somethings. My grandmother used to make this as a hobby, and I helped. That's partly how I got fat...my pay wasn't money, but was Halo-halos. Though I only ate this, I've eaten here many times previously, and I can testify for the awesometitude. Don't take my word for it though, take theirs:

My brother was begging for a DS game, so while my Mom and maid did some shopping, we walked to Takashimaya to take a look. But, damn you Takashimaya! How come you don't stock DS-games! Pathetic! You're supposed to be all "Japanese" yet how come I don't see a single Nintendo product, but all I see are Microsoft! Damn you, Bill Gates! Damn you, evil black/white machine which glows green-lights, but is fucken' ugly! Just try turning 360 degrees around me.

We walked back to Lucky Plaza and got our DS games there. He bought X-men, despite me warning him not too, since it's a curse that whenever movies are translated to games they come out as trash. I got Animal Crossing, and I'm addicted. I love my neighbours!

Stopped by CK Tangs to look for a replacement to my Adidas shoes. Can't find any, but man, CK Tang is hipper than I thought.

Took a long cab-ride back home. I thought it would be jammed, going through Orchard, so I suggested going by Niccol Highway. Bad idea. It was freaking jammed over there. Then the driver told us that we should have gone by the Orchard route since it was faster. He also said that situations are lose-lose situations. Then why the fuck didn't you warn us in the first place? I said "Uncle, can you go by Niccol Highway, I think it's faster". You could have corrected me, no?

Three more weeks until the holidays end. Oh, the humanity....

OH THE HUGE MANATEE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Locations of visitors to this page Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter