Raymond Angelo is the Exoticoption.

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

And then they hugged.

Tomorrow's bacc, and so, today's our final day of tutorials and tutorials.. It's quite saddening because you just know things won't be quite like what it was, ever. No more talking in classes, doodling stuff, chilling, sleeping, sharing sweets and what not. For sure, I'm going to miss GP with Mrs Chang, bitching with Jeremy and making fun of Kerri at econs, struggling to stay awake with Jolene during geog, falling asleep without fail at every Maths lecture...ahh.

Thus, I got quite nostalgic today, and for lack of better word, emo-shit. I wasn't in the mood to study, so I went home early. At one of the traffic lights I had to cross to get home, I saw these two girls with Down Syndrome at the other side. Near my house is some sort of Special School, I think. Anyways, these two girls looked like the absolute cutest and most innocent kids I'd ever seen, and it looked like they shared a very tight bond with each other. It seemed almost surreal; I mean...these kids have Downs, yet...they didn't seem bothered about it at all.

And what really got to me was when they hugged. I've no idea why they did it, but they hugged, and my heart freaking melted right there. It was as if they were the only two people in the world, and they're struggling against it, but it matters little because they've got each other.

So then the green men goes on, and I begin to cross, and so do they. They've been taught to like...raise their hands when they cross the road. We, the normies, were taught to do so too, but do we ever? So they raise their hands, and I do so too, and I smile at them, and they smile and wave at me, and I wave back, and now there's this energy beneath my feet like something underground wants to come up and carry me.

Side-note: There are people who read this for the funny stuff, people who read this to know about my life, people who're just voyeuristic by nature, and then there are people who genuinely care, and want to see what's up with me. I'm cool, thanks :).

1 Comments:

  • haha, i do miss the times when we would look left, look right and look left again, raise the right hand and crosses the road.
    now we just jay-walk. how different

    By Blogger Peiyi, at 3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Locations of visitors to this page Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter