Raymond Angelo is the Exoticoption.

Saturday, March 24, 2007

The Feat after Defeat

In the face of defeat, we must pray.



Yeap, take a look at that image and then pray. I don't know where it comes from (took it from some forum), nor what it's purpose is...but I swear that from now on, everytime I pray, I'll have this image of Jesus in my mind. If Ricky Bobby can pray to the Holy Infant Jesus, then I can pray like this. I mean...who's going to stop me?

If anybody takes offence, please say it, cause I'll be more than willing to take it down. I just thought that it was such an awesome image; Army Resurrect will kick so much butt.

Anyways, I've had a debate overdose for the past 48 hours. Trials, Julia Gabriel and training...abit too much, but what the heck.

The trials held yesterday can't really qualify for trials; they're more of evaluations processes. We did an impromptu debate on whether Single Sex Schools are better than Co-eds. Let's look at it this way...

-Why wait so long to bring the two sexes together, when eventually, they will be put in the same compound? Don't give me any shyte about relationships and being too immature, because if you're already adjusted from a young age, it won't be such a problem. And isn't it better to inculcate a mixed culture from an early age, because let's face it, even at JC-level, hormones are still raging.

-Don't give me examples of single-sex schools like ACS or RI. Mixed schools can be just as good as these schools; Dunman High? RV? ACS and RI and the like are single-sex merely because of their history of being single-sex schools; these schools were set up at an era which is sexist in nature, and girls aren't thought to be as good as boys. But is this applicable now? They are simply trying to stick to their tradition, but, as we see in Victoria, moving on to becoming a Co-ed is not a problem.

-Building Co-ed schools is a waste of resources? Hell no! Why build ONE girls school, and ONE boys school, when you can build ONE school catering to both?

Just my two-cents...pity they don't always come out that quickly.

I went down to ACS Barker with Naveen afterwards to watch our respective juniors to debate. I love Barker's campus, and the over-all atmosphere. Sigh. I wish ACJ's campus is just as nice.

Anyways, my team lost; they had the content, but the delivery faltered. But that's OK! Like I always say, LEARN LEARN LEARN LEARN!

We have means to redeem ourselves in the future after all! True, there may be no more further debates for some of my juniors, but there are other ways to GET BACK THE GLORY. You didn't deliver with confidence this time? Then make sure the next-time you go it to whatever competition, you FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT with a winner's attitude! Don't give in!

The Feat comes after Defeat.

So guys...pick yourself up. At least you're not dead yet, the future's bright; the open road lies before you, and make sure you don't tread the same paths you did in the past. C'mon!

Reached home at 11+ odd because I missed my stop. DARN.

And I woke up at 7 the next day for Debate training...again...we did two motions, but I've had enough of debates for today, so I'll end this here!

My time-table's crap btw. I'm in a seperate Maths lecture and tutorial from my class for some unknown reason. And I'm still the only one taking Econs...sigh.

I'm looking forward tomorrow, whatever it may bring :).



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Locations of visitors to this page Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter