Raymond Angelo is the Exoticoption.

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Pull out all the stops


It's the all-lecture week all over again!
It's really really slack; I mean...I only have 80 minutes of lessons tomorrow. Sigh, if I wasn't going for the briefing on China Exchange... CHINA?

Yeah; my geography teacher asked me to be a buddy to one of the Chinese students coming over to AC soon. I'll be fine with that; sheer charm and wit has always been known to bypass language barriers. It's not like I'm the only non-chinese buddies; there are a few others, so I think I'll do just fine.

Anyways, all-lecture week means lots of time to slack; I would love to slack with my class people, but it's hard know...you can't help but want to go hang with other people. 1SB2 and 1SB11 has sorta mixed right now, and I'm down with that. The SB11 people are cool.
I'm really looking forward to next week, once the tutorials commence. I can't wait to see my time-table and how screwed-up it's going to be! I'm the only one in my class taking H2 Economics, and I'm crossing all my fingers that I end up with the tutorial group of SB11...sigh...

Debates try-out is on this Friday. *gulp*.

Anyways, I've got something real big to bitch about. Fuck Naruto. I don't usually use vulgarities, but this manga's gone to hell, and it's pissing me off so much, that...well, just "fuck".


Let's take that last chapter for example: -7 pages spent on explaining Naruto's Rasen Shuriken, his new "justu". It'll all be fine and dandy if the revelations actually mattered, but seriously, WTF? Those 7 solid pages revealed that his jutsu damaged things on a "cellular" level, but shit, this is a freaking manga, and does anybody really care about what happens to inside the body, which we can't even see? I mean, if he gets cut up, then yay, I don't care what happens inside the body on a CELLULAR LEVEL! Oh look, the cells have been cut up, oh dear!

FUCK.

And all that crap about..."you may not use this jutsu anymore". Naruto spent the past couple of months (real world time) developing this jutsu, and when it's declared forbidden, all that effort, and all those pages are gone to crap. But wait a minute, whenever they say something it's forbidden, it'll be done, so I guess we have a BAD PLOT DEVICE.


Shyte.


And don't get me started on Orochimaru.
I won't divulge the result of the conflict here, but for him to be pushed around by a 15-year-old "prodigy", when he himself was able to defeat the 3rd, and greatest, Hokage, this is crazy. And he didn't even do much! He stood there, and Sasuke's like, "I got sharingan, so just lie down and die," and bam.

Crappity.


I'm all for details, but when they become too much information, it's a major turn-off. Who wants to read a whole volume of Sakura fighting, or maybe several chapters of Deidara (No offence, I love him) throwing itsy-bitsy bird bombs which did absolutely nothing?

It's really really irritating...I know I'm reading it for free and all, and I shouldn't be complaining, but the fall from it's former glory days is really disappointing...
I started reading Naruto at chapter 190...and it's chapter 346 now, which brings me to a minimum of 166 weeks and if you add the time-skip, and the Japanese holidays, and you've got a fan who's been here for 3 years over...but Naruto...you're losing me.

Sigh.
At least he's still smexy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Locations of visitors to this page Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter